Monday 5 April 2010

Historic annuity rates?

Question
Please advise where I can see an historic table of annuity rates. I see these week by week in papers/ magazines but would like to be able to track the performance over several years by provider or average collective rate for the various types of annuity eg impaired, joint etc.Answer
Good question and one that I tried to find an answer to when building this site.

I'm afraid the simple answer is that there's very little publically available information re: historic annuity rates. I ended up getting hold of some past level annuity rates from an insurer to power the chart at the top of the annuities page. It's not as comprehensive as I'd like, but you may find it helpful. When I can find an insurer willing to provide me with additional data I'll widen the scope of the chart(s).

Otherwise, the most comprehensive source I've found is www.williamburrows.com/rates.aspx, an annuity broker. The freely available information is still quite basic, but you can access extensive historic data by subscription (£100 for 24 hours or £250 a year).

If anyone has found a better, freely available source, please post details below.

Read this Q and A at http://www.candidmoney.com/questions/question177.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment