Tuesday 5 April 2011

Which is the cheapest stockbroker?

Question
Kitty asked a similar question in Oct 09. Can I have an update please? I am looking for an execution only sharedealer - online and/or by phone, preferably the cheaper. I have used my ISA allowance for 11/12 so am not interested in ISA wraps. I want to be able to place small purchases (max £1000) to track what could be my path to early retirement... Who do you recommend in 2011? Answer
The cheapest stockbroker I currently know of is x-o.co.uk, who offer online-only dealing at just £5.95 per trade. And, if you do eventually want an ISA wrapper they don't charge for it. You can read my review here. Otherwise, Guardian stockbrokers are also cheap for smaller deals, at 0.1% with a minimum of £8.

If you'd also like the facility to deal by telephone then Interactive Investor charges a flat £10 dealing fee for both online and phone trades. A free ISA wrapper is available too.

Read this Q and A at http://www.candidmoney.com/questions/question445.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment