Wednesday 5 September 2012

SIPP for expatriates?

Question
I lived in the UK for a couple years about 8 years ago. In my short time there I accumulated a company pension of about 30K GBP. It has not grown at all and I want to put it into a SIPP. Seems like a QROPS will be expensive for a small amount, so I wanted to put it into a SIPP. Are there any SIPP providers that will allow expats to open an account?Answer
Yes. Because you're transferring an existing UK pension most SIPP providers should be happy to accept your business. Although you obviously won't be able to make further contributions unless you again become a UK tax resident.

Off the top of my head both Sippdeal and James Hay accept expatriates in your position, although I'm sure most others do too. You could take a look at our low cost SIPP comparison and try contacting the companies that take your fancy.

Read this Q and A at http://www.candidmoney.com/questions/question638.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment